Promotion of organic farming
India in a year utilizes half a million tons of fertilizers and pesticides. The efficiency rate of these fertilizers is only 35% and the remaining 65% seeps in to the ground and mixes with the ground water contaminating it to breed water borne diseases which can be life threatening.
These factors diminish sustainability in agricultural yield and impact the bio-diversity adversely. In Dahanu and Talegaon, we have built capacity of 100 farmers through hands-on trainings, exposure visits, films, lectures by expert and assisted them in turning their fields completely organic and free of pesticides.